June 4-10 marks Pet Appreciation Week, a.k.a. an opportunity to take your pet’s spoiling to the next level. We think owning a pet clearly means you appreciate their company and unconditional love, but there are certainly varying ways of showing it. This week, leave no doubt in your animal’s mind that they’re an adored, appreciated, and unwavering part of the family by showing them a little extra love. Here are a few of our favorite ways to say thanks for all the smiles and companionship.
- A little mealtime indulgence. Go ahead, add a few Pro-Treats or a raw egg into their food a few times this week. Maybe even take this time to consider the permanent switch to an easy-to-digest raw diet for an ongoing ‘thank you’.
- Go on, walk a little longer. Add an extra 5 or 10 minutes to their routine walk or make a special trip to the dog park for some off leash romping.
- Make ‘em pretty. Remember that proper grooming isn’t just about looks, it’s actually healthy for them (much like our self-care routine.) Treat them to a grooming session if it doesn’t totally stress them out; or just take the opportunity to make sure their nails are trim, ears are clean, and eyes aren’t gunky or cloudy.
- Spruce up their I.D. Nothing says you appreciate your pet like properly claiming them as yours; make sure their collar fits, tags are secure, and microchip service is up to date and paid for.
- Plan a trip. For the ultimate doting dog owner, consider planning a fun trip to the beach or a daytime hike if it’s something your pet would enjoy. Make sure to bring plenty of water for both of you and keep their leash handy, just in case.
- Never discount quality time. You are your pet’s whole world, so spending time with you is a treat in itself. Sit on the floor and really give your pet some love… maybe even let them sleep in bed with you, if they don’t already.
Show us how you’re appreciating your pet this week, we’d love to see!