Food Safety is our number one priority. Our processing facility has a USDA inspector on staff every day, for every shift and every production run. All of the ingredients used in the production of Stewart® Raw Naturals™ are inspected and certified for human consumption.
To ensure absolute safety, all of our products are produced under the following programs:
- HACCP – Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points
- GMP – Good Manufacturing Practices
- TQC- Total Quality Control
- SSOP – Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures
- PREOP – Pre-operational Inspections
- PIP –Planned Improvement Program
Other measures taken to ensure the safety of our products include:
- Annual 3rd party Food Safety Audits in which our production facility is always among the highest scoring
- Random testing to ensure nutritional integrity and food safety
- Test and Hold Protocol: All finished products are tested at a USDA/FDA accredited third party independent lab where every batch is held until all tests for E. coli 0157:H7, listeria monocytogenes and salmonella come back negative and are properly recorded. Only then will our product be released for shipment.
Our Manufacturing Process
Stewart® Raw Naturals™ are produced in a USDA processing plant, certified to produce organic products. All processing rooms are kept at 36° or below. To maintain the integrity and full nutritional value of our products, our primary production method is to chop our ingredients which minimizes cell damage. All product is then Individually Quick Frozen (IQF) at -30 for 10 minutes to keep the nutritional value intact.